- About Us
- AFPMB Business
- AFPMB Directory
- Literature Search
NAVFAC Applied Biology Center
Supporting the Warfighter through specialized integrated pest management services for shore installations to enhance Force Health Protection, Force Protection, real property protection, environmental stewardship, and Quality of Life.
The NAVFAC Applied Biology Center has regulatory oversight of the pest management programs on all Navy and Marine Corps installations to ensure compliance. Every installation is required to maintain and implement an Integrated Pest Management Plan (IPMP), which describes the installation pest and pesticide management practices. All pesticide applicators must be DoD certified (DoD employees only) or state certified and licensed in the proper categories to apply pesticides on DoD property. All pesticides must be approved for use by the Applied Biology Center and records of all pest management operations must be maintained and reported monthly to the Applied Biology Center. Applied Biology is also required to review all contracts containing pesticide application prior to bid.
NAVFAC Applied Biology Center Products and Services
- Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot and solve pest problems.
- Conduct required pest management program reviews to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and safety of the program.
- Provide guidance in structure and landscape design and construction to prevent pest infestations.
- Conduct extended on-site consults (reimbursable).
- Prepare integrated pest management plans (reimbursable).
- Prepare pest control contracts (reimbursable).
- Review installation integrated pest management plan (IPMP).
- Review pest control and construction contract specifications, agriculture and PPV housing lease agreements, natural resources contracts, and other documents involving pest management.
- Approve pesticides for use on installations.
- Support pesticide compliance programs.
- Manage pest management record keeping and reporting.
- Provide pest management training to recertify pesticide applicators and train pest management coordinators and pest control contract Quality Assurance Evaluator (QAE) / Performance Assessment Representatives (PAR) and others involved in pest management.
- Provide non-FIFRA initial certification and FIFRA/non-FIFRA recertification for OCONUS activities (reimbursable).
- Support for Marine Corps and other services (reimbursable for most products and services).
NAVFAC Applied Biology Center Contacts
|Erin Swiaderfirstname.lastname@example.org||757-322-4960||L||Program Manager, Conservation Division Head|
|Sherrie Bartkuemail@example.com||757-322-4796||L||Applied Biology Branch Head/CNRNW & CNRSW Backup/Program Issues|
|Steven Holmesfirstname.lastname@example.org||757-322-8295||L||CNRMW/MCI East/NDW/Greece/Djibouti/Medical Pests/Newsletter|
|Jack Markhamemail@example.com||757-322-4882||L||CNRMA/Forestry/Vegetation Management Issues & Training|
|Kirk Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org||757-322-4254||L||CNRSE/Bahrain/Italy/Termites/East Coast Training Courses/termites|
|Denise DeBuskemail@example.com||757-322-4459||L||Natural Resource Specialist/ NAIP Intern/Vegetation Management Issues & Training|
|Sabra Scheffelfirstname.lastname@example.org||757-322-4320||L||TX/NDW/CNRMA/Spain/MOMs Reports/Mosquito Control Issues/East Coast Training Courses|
|Chris Martinemail@example.com||757-322-4611||L||PDC Entomologist/Medical & Veterinary pests|
|Mike Medinafirstname.lastname@example.org||619-532-1157||S||CNRSW/CNRNW/MCI Western Pacific/Pac Area Training Courses & Pest Issues|
|Stephan Leeemail@example.com||808-472-1384||P||CNRH/CNRK/CNRM/ MCI Western Pacific/Pac Area Training Courses & Pest Issues|
|Akira Masuifirstname.lastname@example.org||(US) 011-81-816-7720||J||CNRJ/Japan Training Courses and Pest Issues|
|L||NAVFAC Atlantic, Code EV51||DSN – 262-xxxx|
|6506 Hampton Blvd||FAX – 757-322-4805|
|Norfolk, VA 23508-1278|
|S||NAVFAC Southwest, Code EVP.MM||DSN – 262-xxxx|
|1220 Pacific Highway, Building 128||DSN FAX: 522-2469|
|San Diego, CA 92132||FAX: (619) 532-2469|
|P||NAVFAC Pacific, Code EV22||DSN – 472-xxxx|
|258 Makalapa Drive, Suite 100||DSN FAX: 472-5419|
|Pearl Harbor, HI 96860-3134||FAX: (808) 474-5419|
|J||NAVFAC Far East, Code EV2.1||DSN 315-243-7720|
|PSC 473 BOX 13, FPO AP 96349-0013|
** Areas of Responsibility include Naval hospitals and reserve units in the regional area.